
I am happy to say that Michael is doing much better. It seems as though the NEC scare has passed and after speaking to one of his doctors from the hospital near us, he was never truly diagnosed with NEC but it was suspected and they take it very seriously. Thankfully this seems to be passing us. This morning he was resting after having a sponge bath by his nurse and she put an outfit on him. All xrays on his head, lungs, heart and intestines were negative for any signs of the yeast infection spreading and his belly is soft, non-distended and looking normal. The surgeons are no longer looking at him - which is such a good sign that the NEC hasn't developed. He will be on antibotics a bit longer and we hope they will resume feedings within the next 4-5 days.
The nurses refer to Michael as a "little hornet" and laugh at how feisty and determined he is. More than likely he'll be moved into a different baby room - currently he is in with the "sick" babies. The other night his nurse told me Michael wouldn't settle so she had to take him out and put him over he shoulder to settle him. They say he acts like a 9 pound baby in a smaller body. LOL. It is evident Michael is maturing. His adjusted age is at 35 weeks 6 days and he is feeling much better and by the looks of the workout he is giving his pacifier, he's ready to eat again!
Today Michael weighs 3 pounds 5 ounces. Mom and dad are doing well..we checked into the Ronald McDonald house today in New Haven and will be here at least 10 days. What a wonderful house (I truly never thought I'd ever stay in one). Hershey is at Nana's still but will be moving on soon too until we get home :) We hope he'll be transfered back to the hospital near us soon once he is safely back on breast milk feedings and no issues are shown in his intestines.
4 comments:
Thank God!! The prayers and love are working!! :)
Great news! We think about you guys constantly and not an hour goes by that I don't say a little prayer for you. I can't wait to meet that tough little boy.
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kris, that is great news!!!!!
And we love his hat, he is STYLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you sweetie!
I cannot say how happy I am for you! What the doctors deemed with Caitlyn was a NEC scare as well and it was so hard watching her go without feedings! But he will be chomping at the bit and ready to get even more big once those feedings start again. I remember that Caitlyn actually weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces once I was finally able to bring her home. Even bigger than her now little sister who was only 5 pounds 7 ounces when we brought her home. So, miracles do happen! I am also happy you can get into the Ronald McDonald house and be so close to Michael. I will continue to send prayers and support from Colorado for you.
Post a Comment