At almost 5 weeks shy since birth Michael weighed in at 4 pounds last night. We are estatic. Michael was transfered to L&M Hospital this morning and is doing well. He is doing very good with his bottle feedings and we hope this improves. In 24 hours he'll be moved from the isolete to the crib and we hope to have him home very soon...perhaps within a week. While it's been a very stressful 5 weeks we are gearing up and getting ready for Michael to come home. We will spend a few nights in a "family room" in the NICU to get us ready for full-time parenting.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Kris and Mike,
What wonderful news! I am so thankful that Michael is not only closer to home by being at L & M, but also extremely excited that he will possibly/hopefully be home when I see him next week. I'm sure big brother Hershey is looking forward to his little brother's homecoming! Keep up the growing 4-pounder!
Love you guys!
Kate
Yay Michael! I'm so happy for you guys!
I'm so happy to hear that Michael has reached 4 pounds and may be coming home in a week or so!! Way to go!!
Barb -- Lab Board
"T'was the night before Christmas and all the the hospital,
not a creature was stirring except baby Michael...."
and that's because he's getting bigger and bigger.
I know Santa will come and touch your little nose, Michael, as he passes New London tonight.
Love, GrandPop Dreher
Merry Christmas, Michael, Kris, and Mike! What a wonderful gift you have... up to 4 lbs - wow! That is great news. And I'm so glad to read that you are going to have your little bundle home soon with you. All that's missing is the bow!
I can't wait to meet the little guy... I think about the three of you all the time. How are you feeling Kris? Taking good care of yourself, too??
I'll email soon.
Love, Kim
Post a Comment