Monday, December 8, 2008
Day 19 Trying to Stay Strong
Well Michael is sick. I found out this afternoon that the yeast infection has gone into his blood stream after a blood culture confirmed that and they will continue to give him antibiotics once a day for up to two weeks. He is also having some issues with his intestines which could be caused by the yeast infection or it is an early on set of what they call NEC. It has to do with the intestines getting a bit irritated and distended-a common issue in preemies. They will discontinue feeds by mouth for a few days. If his condition worsens he will need to be watched very close and worst case scenario he will need surgery if the intestine is perforated in any way. We will know in a few hours today if he has to be transferred to Yale to be monitored in case he might need surgery. This is really a one step ahead two steps back and it's really hard. His vitals are good, he hasn't had any spells and he's acting as feisty as he normally does. I really feel like I'm loosing my mind the past few days. Please keep us in your prayers, we surely need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am praying and will spread the word for more prayers! I cant imagine the emotions you are feeling..Lots of love and hugs your way <3
Many thoughts and prayers are continued for you guys Kris. Stay strong sweetie. We love you!
I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.
Rudys Mum
Kris,
I will continue to pray for Michael and his getting through these days. I read your blog tonight and much of what he is going through mirrors a lot of what happened with Caitlyn. She ended up with three blood transfusions before she left the NICU, a NEC "scare" and many of the other things that you are going through. Just keep Caitlyn in mind, she is now five, happy healthy and glowing. If I could give anything to you this time it will be that you are not alone and each day you see Michael and lend a little bit of your own strength to him I know from experience, it helps. I know because I have been there.
Shannon
Post a Comment